Last day in Seattle


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
April 2nd 2016
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Asian Art MuseumAsian Art MuseumAsian Art Museum

I didn't climb up the camel as I worried I might not be able to get off again.
Geo: 47.6353, -122.302

The week has gone by quickly and it's our last day in Seattle. Hamish has a few last things to do with work to complete and afterwards we took the bus northwards to Volunteer Park. The ride on the bus was "interesting". Suffice to say colourful characters ride the bus a lot. Amazing how he could keep up a monologue for over 25mins.

Volunteer Park is in the Capitol Hill neighbourhood, which is a rather well-to-do area. The houses are rather substantial and beautiful.

The main reason to go there was to visit the Asian Art Museum. It's a small museum but has a great collection. The highlight was definitely the special exhibition on photos of the caves in Dung Huang. They are caves Buddhist temple caves dating back to 6th century. Amazing images, but alas photography wasn't permitted. But we took pictures of many of the other exhibits.

After lunch we had a quick look around Pioneer Square and International District, as Hamish hadn't seen the areas. Then it was back to the hotel to pack for an early morning start.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

in front of the Museumin front of the Museum
in front of the Museum

The black sculpture behind Hamish is called the Black Sun.
this is very old...this is very old...
this is very old...

Probably from around 2000 BC.
Capitol HillCapitol Hill
Capitol Hill

A typical residential streets, full of des res.
A special sushi rollA special sushi roll
A special sushi roll

Looks good but rather too much going on.


4th April 2016

This looks just like a dismembered one of those caterpillar things - mega gross

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb