Day 6


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
October 28th 2016
Published: October 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Night Night...Night Night...Night Night...

It was an early morning
Ok so this morning started at 0430 as we had to check out of our AirBnB by 0500 to catch a cab so we could be at the train station by 0530 to check our bags and clear customs. We cleared customs with no problem and were all the way out to our car on the train when I realized I had left the seat checks on the other side of customs...back I went and after arguing with the customs agents many times (they wouldn't let me back past them nor would they go get the seat checks I could see sitting on their desk) I was finally allowed to go back and get the seat checks before having to clear customs AGAIN...Don't let it be said that CBP doesn't do anything. I then was on the train and fast asleep not long after hopping on...as we actually crossed the border the wonderfully "friendly" CBP agents came on board again and checked us all over again.


We then proceeded a while before we were held for the outbound Seattle Garbage Train. This delay caused and older gentleman to miss his ferry and he got a little vocal about it. We got into Seattle about 15 minutes late. This was where the WTF moment of the day happened, we hailed an Uber that couldn't figure out how to get the train station and drove around for 10-15 minutes before he finally called me and said to drop the fare. Ok fine...I hailed another one and he was right there we got in went the 5 blocks to pick up our rental car before wandering the city for a while before we checked in to the AirBnB here. Jennifer and Angie stopped and got several chocolates including some Lavender/Lemon Cream thing that tasted like dish soap and a bar of 100% Cocoa that tasted like dirt mixed with burnt hamburger.



We then laid down for a little bit of a nap before going out to dinner and wandering around the city at night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Lavender Lemon Cream ChocolateLavender Lemon Cream Chocolate
Lavender Lemon Cream Chocolate

Jennifer paid $3.75 for this tiny thing...it tasted like dish soap(my opinion)
Chili Cheese Burger Tater Tots and RingsChili Cheese Burger Tater Tots and Rings
Chili Cheese Burger Tater Tots and Rings

Tater Tots were awesome, Onion Rings were Ok, Burger sucked...for a chili burger there was no chili.
Double Cheese Burger, Tater Tots and RingsDouble Cheese Burger, Tater Tots and Rings
Double Cheese Burger, Tater Tots and Rings

Rinse and Repeat of the Chili Burger expect instead of no chili Jennifer said it needs Onions...


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb