Day 35 - Athletics vs Mariners


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
August 6th 2006
Published: August 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post


Waking up by jumping into the cold water from the boat has to be to date the most 'different' shower for this trip. And definitely a literal eye opener to two people who had had about 4 hours sleep.

We did lots of activities today to keep us awake and get to see Seattle from terra firma. First stop a 3 hour baseball game with a nail biting finale (though the Seattle Mariners lost to the Oakland Athletic's we were entertained). Then we found ourselves at Pike's market - a very large Covent, Borough and Camden market all rolled into one. Here we located, or more correctly we could not get past for all the Asian tourists taking pictures of themselves outside, the original Starbucks.

To carry ticking off items from Ed's skyscraper 'climbed' list, which includes the Blackpool Tower, we went up the Space Needle. This did give us a very good view of downtown, the Safe Co stadium where we had earlier watched the game, Mt Rainier off in the distance, and many more sights too many to mention right now. You will just have to wait for the photos when we get back.

Once we eventually got back to the uni district, after spending an hour waiting for a bus (which does go from that bus stop but not on a Sunday), we had a message to call Anders. Doing so we found out we were going out for dinner at the Bay Hill Café, where Greg, Jess and others that we met last night work. Peter, the chef, said he would do a number of dishes off the menu, or not, for us to try and to go with some wine. Well, this is not the type or quality of food we have been having lately, or been able to afford. It was amazing, especially the ravioli, fois gras and seafood paella.

A big thank you to all for a very pleasant and delicious meal, and to you all for your generosity.

Even though it had gone midnight we could not go to bed just yet! We had to go play 9 ball pool, which we did with Anders in his bar. Gemma surprised everyone, even herself, with some incredibly fluky shots and managed to score the most (and will be calling in the money owed next meeting!)

2.30am another stumble down to the boat!



Advertisement



16th August 2006

Pikes Market
Inetresting one for you now.. Clive Woodwood (and my last company) both employed a management philosophy called FISH after the fish market there where they throw the fish about. Did you see it? It was a load of rubbish but it did mean I could wear jeans at work for 2 years, and a rogue rubber, thrown across the office almost cost someone their eye. Happy Days. I'm going to Seattle too. Maybe put in a good word with Anders for me! M
22nd August 2006

blackpool stick.
blackpool tower or not, you're still 10 behind, and you'll never get the world trades.

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb