Seattle


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
April 28th 2008
Published: April 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

On our way to Seattle, Lauren recognized a little town called Kalama, WA, which was half the setting for "one of the best episodes ever of" reality show Split Ends. We got this picture with Susan Summers - she's been on TV! From what I hear she's just like she seemed on the show.
Then a stop in state capital Olympia. Just a quick visit but we loved the place. They had a free bus - the Dash. We went into this one store and they were hip. The whole town had an attitude, you could just see it walking past the buildings downtown. And the capitol building was pristine.
Seattle - no dine-in Pizza Huts. I'll go ahead and say I liked where we stayed - the Blue Tortoise. It was $40 to share a pretty big bed (in a room with other people in their big beds). The window had a view of the Market from about a block away. Lots of people hanging around inside. The morning was bustling with everyone using the waffle maker and eating fruits and brownies and toast, and making themselves eggs if they wanted to put in that much effort (all included, just wash your own dish after). Seattle had more flash compared to Portland - a little more touristy seeming. The Englishwomen in our room recommended a goth bar called Noc Noc. After we paid $5 to get in the doorman said, "enjoy the show." After sitting at a table for an hour we found out it wasn't a band - it was pole dancers. It was pretty good in an amateur kind of way.
The next day we walked around the market for a bit, and I didn't see Larry whatshisname who sold me the picture of a happy hammer swinging towards a frightened nail last time I was here.

New photos in the album start here: http://travel.webshots.com/album/563146346tpWvsD?start=347
Portland photos up through the beginning of British Columbia


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

The PrezThe Prez
The Prez

They love him in Olympia, WA


30th April 2008

suan summers?
that's not the susan summers from the nickelodean show where they splatter the celebrity guests with that green slimy ooze stuff, right? no, that lady probably has a different first name?
30th April 2008

nice
i'm writing a paper on the progression of HIV, but i'm living vicariously through your blog. happy hunting!
1st May 2008

Loving the blog and really enjoying the writing. It is like I'm almost there. Sounds like you guys are having a great time. Oh yea, by the way, Rita's opened today. We are $116 closer to our dreams.

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb