Goodbye Seatte...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
June 12th 2007
Published: June 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well my time has flown by and its time to say goodbye to Seattle. On my last day in Seattle I was able to hit the shops just one more time and visit the Outlets - they are part of a huge development on Indian tribal land, so its pretty amazing to think how smart those little Indians were!! Instead of selling the land, they kept it, have built a Casino, are in the process of building a hotel, and an outlet centre all on their land. This means that every month every single member of the tribe (apparently there are thousands of them) each receive a cheque for the profits for that month - How cool!! They would be loving it - money for just being part of the family!

For our final dinner we went to Rory's in Edmonds - thanks to Grant and Jodie for the recommendation. Jan, Don, Kevin, Lee and Matt all took me out for my final dinner in Seattle. Edmonds is a gorgeous little down, and Rory's overlooks the water where the ferry arrives (yep and for your Greys Anatomy fans you will notice its the same ferry as on the show). We all have a great farewell dinner, and I was definately sad to say goodbye to my Seattle family, who have made me feel so unbelievably welcome over the past couple of days. I had a fantastic time with them all and will miss them all dearly - Hopefully wont be long till they come to visit us, so I can repay the favour!!

Thanks again Gillis' xxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



16th June 2007

Hi There from downtown Melbourne
Great to see your next entry - time now to hit the sack - you need to be up bright and early for the big Viva Las Vegas in the morning. Love you xx

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 42; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb