Paradise Creek campground


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Mt St Helens
August 30th 2008
Published: September 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Got off onto the road about 2pm after an urgent care visit and additional packing. Greg had to try to get the Internet working at the house but something was broken with the router. The drive to Paradise Creek was much shorter than I thought it would be. It was a very beautiful drive through the trees along the Columbia river. We crossed over the Bridge of the Gods - all steel grates - Yikes!… and then we were there. We drove the campsite loop and tracked down our friends who were not really sure who we were due to the rental car. On the loop there was a huge 6’+ diameter tree that had fallen down and had to be cut to open a path for the road.
It was raining off and on all day - really hard bursts for 5 minutes, then bright sun. The camp had such tall trees that it blocked most of the rainfall. This was good because we had a few dry spells to put of the (large) tent. The tent is beautiful and was the envy of most of the people there… Greg can stand up inside and the vestibule allows for a chair that makes putting on shoes very easy and comfortable. Greg came up with the chair idea - fricking awesome!
The group huddled around a very nice fire for the rest of the evening - people kept coming back from various adventures. We had good food and funny conversation. About 10:30ish we climbed into bed - I had a great night’s sleep - G not so much - his butt was very cold because the mattress slightly deflated. We initially filled it when it was much warmer so it shrunk once everything cooled down (it was well below freezing during the night). After a spaghetti dinner, s’mores, and good friends I could finally relax. - we slept in until 8:45!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb