T Minus 24 Hours!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Everett
June 10th 2015
Published: June 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

T minus 24 hours for the launch!

Airplane Tickets, Train tickets, Car rentals ....... Check!

Apartments, Hotels, B&Bs, House Boats.............. Check!

City cards, Museum Passes, Venue tickets,.......... Check!

Bags are packed. ....All of two carry-ons and two backpacks (see picture-I can't believe we got all for 8 weeks there!)......... Check!



After several months of planning, Patricia and I will be leaving for Brussels tomorrow where we will begin our grand European tour. In very broad strokes, (see Route Map), this is what it looks like:

We start in Brussels at Horst and Estela's house (one of my sisters and her husband) While there we will train over to Amsterdam and then back for more Belgium sightseen. After a week we head for Paris, train again, for a four day visit. Then we head for Barcelona - yes in train- for another 4 day visit and then we head west, roughly along the Camino of Santiago for a week drive with stops to actually walk a few of the stages of el Camino, to finally arrive in Santiago de Compostela.

Then we will catch a flight to Milan, so we can motor over to Lake Como where we will visit our friend George Cloonie. ....Yeah..... Patricia wishes... 😊 . Then we head for Venice for a few days to then head over to Florence for another few days and where Patricia's sister Anita will fly in from Canada to join us. Then it's over to Cinque Terre for a few days on the beach. We will then head up to Volterra where a winery B&B will be our base to visit the Hill towns of Tuscany.

At last we will head for Rome where we will spend close to a week visiting the city and the Vatican, before flying back home in early August.

My intention is to send out blog updates to share pictures and hopefully some entertaining stories of our travels on somewhat of a regular basis......... with as much discipline as I can muster during all the fun and distractions.

I will send you all an e-mail alerting you of new blog posts and you should also receive an e-mail with link from webmaster@travelblog.org

Talk to you next from the other side of the Atlantic!

Advertisement



16th June 2015

Wish we were going too
Sounds awesome. We're looking forward to following your blog!
6th July 2015

Travel Blog
Hi Sandy, I just now figured out the comments section of travel Blog, so just now responding. Great to hear from you guys!

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb