Day 110 Everett


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Everett
August 6th 2018
Published: August 6th 2018
Edit Blog Post

A memorable day in that we reacquainted with long time special friends, Michele and David, who we had not seen since spending Christmas with them in Maui, Hawaii, in ’86. We continued where we left off; laughing. Naturally, we reflected and laughed even louder! We had said goodbye to our wonderful hosts and friends, Al and Robert, early in the morning.

D+M drove us into Seattle to watch celebrate “Seafair” on Puget Sound, with the “Blue Angels”, the US Navy’s flight demonstration squadron roaring overhead. The aviators, from the Navy and Marines, flying F/A – 18 Hornets, performed for nearly an hour, doing sensational manoeuvres and formations. At the same time, in between looking skywards, we watched the annual Seattle Tennis Open beside the Seattle Tennis Club. We didn’t waste time in enjoying our new environment.

Into Seattle centre to wander the Public Market which was bristling with trade and many wonderful “sights”. A bite to eat, more wandering and then to M+D’s for a barbeque, games and meeting many of M+D’s relatives who they had invited to welcome us Aussies. A beautiful evening where conversation and laughter flowed. A late night … again; Gratitude … again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement






















Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb