Day10-The memorials


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Aberdeen
July 15th 2014
Published: July 31st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


This day we visited all the Memorials in Washington D.C....which includes the Vietnam War memorial for veterans, Lincoln Memorial, Martin Luther King Memorial, Franklin D Roosevelt memorial and the Jefferson Memorial.



The Vietnam Veterans Memorial is a national memorial in Washington, D.C. It honors U.S. service members of the U.S. armed forces who fought in the Vietnam War, service members who died in service in Vietnam/South East Asia, and those service members who were unaccounted for (Missing In Action) during the War.



The Lincoln Memorial is an American national monument built to honor the 16th President of the United States, Abraham Lincoln. It is located on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., across from the Washington Monument.



The Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial is located in West Potomac Park in Washington, D.C., southwest of the National Mall



The Franklin Delano Roosevelt memorial is a presidential memorial in Washington D.C. dedicated to the memory of U.S. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt and to the era he represents.



The Thomas Jefferson Memorial is a presidential memorial in Washington, D.C., dedicated to Thomas Jefferson, an American Founding Father and the third President of the United States.



This was long hours of walking in the national mall area and my feet were hurting so bad that i just wanted to go bac to the hotel and go to bed



But after the visit to these memorials, we went to china town for group lunch


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb