Day 9


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Williamsburg
September 17th 2008
Published: September 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Its Saturday so it must time for some more history. Today its Yorktown and Billsville (thats Williamsburg to you and l)

First Yorktown - the scene of the final battle for Independence. We lost - just in case you didn't know. Anyway we went to the Visitors centre where again we have a really interesting interactive time. The centre is set out in a really interesting way. You walk through the actual battlefield where everything is reconstructed as it was in 1781. Nancy did complain only once - the loudness of the cannon fire was a bit much for such delicate ears.

Rather than boring you all too much we then moved on Billsville and the street theatre. This included dancing in the street - and it wasn't down to Carlisle United's latest defeat. Among the many characters you meet on the street include George Washington - he turns up even more often than Elvis Presley in Las Vegas.

We stopped in Billsville for the evening and ate a fairly posh meal. It was crap but still posh and expensive.

Anyway tomorrow we are off to Busch Gardens - l think we are ALL looking forward to that - but we are not sure!!!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0784s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb