Days 1 to 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Williamsburg
September 9th 2008
Published: September 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We left Newcastle airport in the middle of a rainstorm and had a very pleasant flight until we reached the Eastern seaboard of the United States where banged directly into Tropical Storm Hanna. The things beacame really interesting - to say the least, it was bumpy, there was a rainstorm (worst than taking off in Newcastle). We have never seen so many sick bags used on a single flight. We were bumping, jumping about more than we can ever remember, ever the cabin crew looked a little concerned. In spite of this and with great skill the pilot managed to land very smoothly and with hardly a bump. After we landed Philip informed us that that was the most uncomfortable flight he had ever suffered - because of the lack of leg room.

In spite of this, and by the time we got our luggage (all in one piece) and managed to get our hire car, the sun was shining and you would not have thought anything was amiss. It was a very long drive to Williamsburg which we arrived at approx 9 pm, in the dark. Can l just say that the Tomtom was brilliant and took us directly to the door of our resort with bearly a hitch. Even Philip is a convert to Satnav!!!

The resort itself is set in a huge parkland setting with lots of green grass and with hundreds of geese walking noisily about. We were given a very nice apartment, 41a in Block 10. A downstairs one bedroom apartment with a hot tub. Nancy then got Philp and l organised and we set off to the onsite bar for a short visit.

After a very good nights sleep we decided we would have a walk about and explore the local area. On our walkabout we discovered a Sports bar which was preparing for the Sunday afternoon football games. Well by the time we had something to eat and lots and lots of falling down water we had really good Sunday afternoon. Because l only had a couple of drinks we decide around about 4 pm that we would get out in the car and explore . We travelled to Jamestown to Yorktown (the beginning and end of the Britich presence in America) via the Colonial

The Sunday eveing was spent in the Resort restaurant with again a odd drink or two.

On Monday we decided toi have a






Advertisement



11th September 2008

Story so far.
Ron enjoyed your opening comments keep it up. Seems an exciting flight but worth it. Obviously you have returnrd to see why Cornwallis left. Perhaps it was the weather or the beer. Keep having fun.

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb