Washington DC to Mint Springs, Virginia


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Staunton
September 17th 2015
Published: September 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Washington DC to Staunton, Virginia

An easy but busy morning. First up was a visit to Barack and Michelle's place in Pennsylvania Ave; not a bad spot they've got, probably could downsize a bit but I hear they're moving out soon anyways ?.

We had managed to get a car (bike) park just a quick walk through the park to the WH which was also very handy to Starbucks so I could caffeinate ?. This taken care of we rode to the Smithsonian Institution Building ('the Castle') and got a park immediately outside; amazing! Trev went to the Air and Space Museum while I visited the Natural History Museum. We both enjoyed our respective museums but agreed you could spend a week there easily. We met in the afternoon to head south. I was waiting outside 'the castle' for Trev and noticed people posing by our bike for photos. Also twice this morning while we were sitting at the lights people jumped out, gave us the thumbs up (which we reflected) and then took a photo. Guessing they don't see a lot of adventure bikes around here!

I felt a bit (read: a lot) knackered after all the walking this morning and yesterday so we stopped earlier than anticipated at a place called Mint Springs. We'd literally just pulled in and Trev got chatting with a guy next door who was on his honeymoon. They invited us around for a beer - twist our rubber arms - so we popped over to their room for a beer and some socialising. They were from Pennsylvania and were driving wherever their whim took them (with an eye for antiques). We didn't keep them too late before heading back to Skype Chanel. A good albeit very warm day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement




17th September 2015
The Hope Diamond

Hope Diamond
So called coz they HOPE it's still where they left it....ba-da-boom!! Mind you, I guess if Trevor couldn't find room for that tiny piece of whatever it was back in Alaska then he definitely wouldn't have room for this....pity really!!
20th September 2015
The Hope Diamond

Hope diamond
LOL! Yeah it was fairly well guarded. Geez I'd find room for that!

Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb