No ducking way!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Springfield
June 27th 2007
Published: June 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

National ZooNational ZooNational Zoo

Here is the tiger rushing the duck.
So I thought I should post a few pics of our soon to be gone home. Or rather, since the house is fairly normal and not that exciting, some pictures of our vacation last month with my husbands family.
I am still desperately trying to talk my husband into traveling all the way to the Pacific coast this trip, so that it will be a true "Coast to Coast" vacation. The end of May was both me and my husbands birthday, his 30th and my 25th. His parents and his younger brother and brother's girlfriend all came out and visited for a week of sun, fun, ocean and monuments. To cap off the weekend and to celebrate the start of a new decade, I treated the family (and a few friends) to a private box at a Nationals game. The only low point was how poorly they played, as the Dodgers wiped the field with them.
Some of the most memorable moments though were our trip to Ocean City, MD and our trip to the National Zoo.
At Ocean City, MD they have a long boardwalk and we flew a stunt kite. We also ate a fantastic crab dinner and enjoyed all the great greasy boardwalk fare.
The zoo was great in that the animals were out, and we collected another classic Peterson tale. We were watching some young tigers watch a family of ducks that had the misfortune to be born in a tiger enclosure. Fortunately for the ducks there was a large, deep, canal acting as a buffer between the tigers and the walls where they continually swam or else be eaten. As we were watching one tiger carefully eye the ducks (who were drifting a little close to the edge) Kent, Thomas' dad, turned to his wife Tina and said, "Tina, do you know why that tiger doesn't eat those ducks? It's because they are so well fed."
Not two seconds later the tiger rushed the duck family and managed to dunk one duckling, which had the crowd yelling. Thankfully the whole family escaped, but Kent was not so fortunate as we all laughed and joked about how well fed those tigers were. Hmmm..guess you had to be there. HaHa


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb