Sandy update


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Deltaville
October 28th 2012
Published: October 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

new bootsnew bootsnew boots

Marty ready to go out in the rain
Quick update in case we lose power.....

Sandy as of this morning has veered north and we are now out of the driect hit range. We hope the track stays this way! The last few days have been electric here- the yard even pulled out 15 boats yesterday until the winds got too strong and the yard was too full. Gas stations are out of gas, stores are out of supplies, boaters have stripped their boats of anything that can catch the wind. We took off all our canvas, outboard motor, lowered the boom since it is massive and tried to get everything streamlined. we have cleared all loose objects from around the boat and tightened all the pads. We have no other boats around us to worry about because we are still in front of the shed where we were supposed to be painted.

Good news is that the wind will shift so that it will hit us from the front at the worst point, and then afterwards we will be protected by the huge shed beside us. We were going to make a decision about going to a hotel or to new found friends' extra bedrooms today, but if things stay the way they are then I think we will stay here. We will see.

The rain started last night and will probably not stop until Wednesday. The docks are under water this morning and will be even more submerged as the storm surge comes in. The locals are not worried, so that makes me feel better.

We will work on the sinks in the kitchen and try to finish the forward head. We also have to fix the forward water tank. We are not worried about being stuck inside the boat, we have lots to do! Tonight will be a lot more shaky and scary, my first hurricane.We will check in when we can!

Bye for now

Lori


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

ladder in the waterladder in the water
ladder in the water

this boat is up on the railway for a bottom job. water might rise up to his boat I think!


Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0924s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb