Selling this %$#$%^ Boat


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Deltaville
October 5th 2012
Published: October 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Imfamous words said by myself yesterday as I had my head in a drawer fixing a leak in the forward water tank....... I actually scratched my face and arm since I could barely fit.... 😞



We are slow out of the gate at this point, the weather has been horribly warm and this makes our internal mental fuse quite short. We ended up quitting work at 4:15 yesterday from mental and physical exhaustion.

Perspective is everything :

We are here together working on a beautiful project, we actually started scrubbing the deck yesterday wow we were so happy to see the gelcoat shining, a small victory in an otherwise dismal couple of days.

Perspective:

We are having an adventure of a lifetime even with these days of not getting much done will be a memory that we will end up cherishing, I can only say that I have never been in 43 degree heat before. Lori says it will practice us for the islands. I hope we dont see this kind of heat again.



Boat: we have worked on ordering lights and ordering plumbing through this heat. We have built a nice wooden chopping block for the top of the stove to add lots of counter space to the galley. We are now working on the forward water tank, which is what started this post in the first place. I think we have it all finished. Once this is done we will be able to do the dishes from inside the boat instead of having to do walk them down a ladder and then back up.



SImba the sailing kitty: He has been sleeping for 4 days straight. In this heat he held up quite well but he was not his regular self and was lounging around quite a bit more then usual, we hope he starts visiting us on the deck more often.



We have the boat planned to go in the straps for next weekend, we will then finish the job we started with the antifouling. Going in the straps means that the big boat lifting machine will lift us up so that we can do underneath the keel and paint all the spots we could not reach. We will have to sand again and paint again and then it will be all done.



Our question to our boating friends this morning is what to do about our teak, we have some real soft spots where the wood is actually coming apart, this is only on 1% of the boat but of course is in areas of high travel. do we epoxy do we replace ????



Thats it for me today, I am in a much better mood as the weather will be getting cooler, we will be testing the water tank today for leaks and hopefully will be doing dishes inside tonight..... small victories.



Thanks for listening.



Marty



leaving you with last nights sunset it was gorgeous.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0753s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb