Day 28 - Home, Sweet Home


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Arlington
August 15th 2013
Published: August 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We're home, safe and sound, our grand adventure coming to an end. The house is still standing, the pets all still alive and the grass in dire need of a mowing.

We're all conflicted about being here - not wanting the vacation of our lives (so far!) to come to an end, but all feeling the tugs of home calling. As Todd and I reflect on our last 28 days, we conclude the following:


• We did it. We lived with our kids in a confined space 24/7 for 28 days, and loved it.
• We were delighted by the impeachable weather we enjoyed - not having to modify plans once. In fact, we were pleasantly surprised by the number of rainbows we encountered in our travels (last count being 4 or 5).
• We accomplished Todd's ambitious itinerary, with only minor activity modifications a couple of times. But we made it to each destination and didn't have to drop any locations.
• We traveled nearly 8500 miles in 28 days.
• We found new places to return someday - Zion, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon - and can check off others as being done.
• We worked well together as a parenting team. We've always complemented each other, but this trip shone a spotlight on our ability to work together, work things out, work toward a common goal.
• We love our kids. They are compassionate, curious, capable people, whose company we cherish. We are so glad we opted to take this trip now, when they still think we have something to offer them, as well!


Thank you all for reading along, for your comments and compliments, and for encouraging us along the way. This blog will be something we'll treasure - a unique memento of an amazing time in our lives, and you've all contributed to it. And now, on to our next adventure.... Marcia

Advertisement



16th August 2013

Happy for you and us
Have loved the blogs and feeling your joy of togetherness and new sights. But so glad you are again in my backyard! We are off to Norway tomorrow for 10 days, but must catch up after. Love you all.
16th August 2013

Welcome Home!!!
Summer 2013 - what a great memory for the Baldwins! I'm so happy for you and your family that you were able to have this amazing experience! Now I want to do it with my family. : ) Welcome home! See ya at church soon. : )
16th August 2013

Welcome home. Glad you are all back in one piece and still enjoying each other. I came late to your blog -- and loved it. Read it all. What a fabulous family experience !! Thanks for sharing the ups and downs of a really great trip .

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb