The Quest Begins???


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Arlington
May 23rd 2007
Published: May 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

It is what it is...It is what it is...It is what it is...

We're still in DC, but that's OK.
Well, today is Tuesday, May 23, 2007. Vision Quest 2007 was officially scheduled to begin this past Sunday. Unfortunately, on the eve of our embarcation, as we were returning from the spiritual oasis of Walmart no less, our beloved 1999 Hyundai Elantra..."Car"...decided she would no longer exceed 40 mph without stalling. The auto mechanic called it a failed clutch, but given Car's past refusal to leave the DC metropolitan area (various failed trips due to "clutch problems") we believe that Car simply doesn't want to leave DC and will make every attempt to keep us from doing so as well; nevermind that we've taken her in twice in the past month and received the "A...OK" from the repair shop.

Since Car isn't scheduled to be repaired until late Wednesday at the earliest, we decided to get Vision Quest 2007 underway here in DC. Today we spent the afternoon at the National Zoo checking out the recently completed Asia Trail exhibit. We both really liked the presentation and interactivity the exhibit offered. The highlight of the trail visit was seeing the red pandas go nuts when a stupid tourist's cell phone alarm went off for 15 minutes at maximum volume (she couldn't figure out how to turn it off or take her battery out, idiot). We then wandered through the gibbon area, reptile house, and then ended with the Invertebrates exhibit.

We went back home, ate bratwursts for dinner (mmm) and then went to Panera to enjoy their free WiFi and start our travel blog...





Advertisement



27th May 2007

Cabaret
OH NO! Does this mean you will not be in San Diego in time to see Cabret? It closes on the 9th of June! :(

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb