And we haven't even left the country yet...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Alexandria
April 28th 2009
Published: April 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Recap of Brian's morning of April 24. (His day to fly out to NM)

Thursday night: Brian calls cab company to pick him up Friday morning at 7:30AM for 9:00AM flight

Friday morning:
7:30AM - Brian watches cartoons and eats fruit loops as he waits for the cab company to call him to tell him they are waiting outside.
7:45AM - Brian is perplexed as to why the cab hasn't called yet and decides to call them.... He is panic stricken when he realizes his phone is disconnected. ***Beads of sweat drop into his cereal bowl*** He forgot that he told Sprint to cancel his service that day.
7:50AM - Brian frantically gathers his stuff (backpack and a 40 lb. non-rolling duffle bag) and sprints to a near by office building where he used to work.
7:52AM - As he is sprinting to the building, Brian feels that he is getting stronger and the backpack is getting lighter with each step. Reality sets in as he hears the unmistakeable flutter of a passport flying thru the air and looks back to see that the main zipper of the back pack broke. Passport, visa, health insurance info and flight info are now all over the road. With one tear in his eye and a 40 pound duffle bag on his shoulder, Brian sprints back up the road to gather these items.
7:55AM - Brian picks up the last of his important documents and walks up to the security desk of the building to request a cab to be called... The security guard eyes him up and down as Brian is sweating profusely, cradling the contents of the broken backpack like a new born baby while cursing Seung Lee's name for letting him borrow a ten-year old backpack that was recalled for faulty zippers in 2003. ***Brian is now crying inside***
8:30AM - Brian arrives to the airport and is relieved to make his flight. He plots his revenge on Seung for the backpack at 38,000 feet in the air... stay tuned



Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb