Brattleboro Vermont


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Vermont » Brattleboro
September 26th 2012
Published: September 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Brattleboro on Amtrak trains from New York, it's the equivalent of a little English market town with the Connecticut river nearby. Very quiet and sleepy just what you need after New York. Walked round the town yesterday they have some great shops here mostly arty. There one shop called Beadnicks which is just amazing whether or not you are interested in making things from beads the display alone is well worth a visit. Every colour you could possibly think of and every shape and size, from minute to huge wooden beads. It's GREAT and the guy in their was really nice.

There was another art shop/gallery which had several different artists work. Some great photographs and amazing wood carvings, one of a horses head carved from maple wood and the grain in the wood brought the whole thing to life. Excellent.

Leaves haven't changed quite yet almost there though so fingers crossed. Visited the cinema to see "Hope Springs" with Meryl Stdeep last night, very good. Cinema was small but adequate about fifteen people attended.

Advertisement



26th September 2012

Hi from your Cousin
I was wondering about the leaf change. We're a wee bit further north and it has started, and the weather is supposed to turn cool, so it could happen very quickly. Take care and enjoy the trip. Linda

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb