Day 1 of 21 - 1 Samuel 29:10 "Now therefore, rise early in the morning with your master's servants who have come with you. And as soon as you are up early in the morning and have light, depart."


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah
July 7th 2013
Published: July 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Our first day started bright and early, leaving our home in Temecula at 5:45am. We stopped in Barstow for fuel and "relief" for the dog and the rest of us. At that point it was the unbearable long trip through the desert on interstate 15. The kids kept busy with their Kindles playing video games, reading and watching movies. I started into my reading with a small book by Bob Hoekstra entitled "The Pscychologizing of the Faith". I found it super interesting and it included a lot of warnings to heed! We swiftly passed through Vegas and pressed on to Mesquite for fuel at 12:30. We rolled in to the gas station on "fumes" (Future note to ourselves a full tank will barely make it to Mesquite from Barstow). We pulled onto a side street and quickly made sandwiches, ate and back on the road again by 1:00. The next stretch of I15 North is some of our favorite which passes through beautiful red rock, towering cliffs and some hoodoos. We love the stretch of Utah along I15, and we ended up in Provo, Utah at the Lakeside RV Resort & Campground at 5:30pm...not bad for our first day of travel! The campground is nice, lots of shade and grass for Roxy. It's near a river and Lake Utah so there is lots and lots of bugs (not use to this in SoCal!). There is a nice swimming pool and lots of even pull thru campsites, it was perfect for a quick lay over on our way to Idaho. We ate a super easy fast dinner compliments of Costco (pulled pork and Kale Salad) and had chocolate ice cream for dessert. The after watching some Storage Wars lights were out by 9:30. We are planning on hitting the road by 9am (no earlier as we don't want to be in rush hour traffic through Salt Lake City).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb