Zion Nat'l Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Zion National Park
September 10th 2013
Published: September 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Zion is gorgeous again (we were here in May 2012); but we sure hit rain! Hiked in the rain along the Riverside Trail to the The Narrows yesterday, but did not venture in toward the slot canyon because of flash flood warnings. HUGE rainstorm during dinner, but we were under cover of RV (yeah). Ron had just finished grilling the steak, and was carrying it up the RV stopes when it hit hard and fast. In middle of night, and again during breakfast this morning, both of our cell phones alarmed with flash flood warnings, now extended to 2:30 this afternoon, with more warnings of storms tonight. We'll keep an eye on the sky, and try to stay dry. But whenever the sun peeks through, it is spectacular; and the cloud cover is keeping the heat down; and the rain is BEAUTIFUL. Note the four photos taken from INSIDE the RV in four different directions; don't even have to leave the RV to see scenery!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



11th September 2013

Love ZION
Great pictures! we really enjoyed Zion and chase made me promise to do the entire narrows hike with him when he turns 18. I believe you have to overnight at the other end. You guys are really close to home now. Just one state away.
13th September 2013

Looks like you really did hit some rainy weather! Great photos. I wish we would have had time to drive down that way this summer when we were in Utah.

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb