Day 1 Boston to Springdale, Utah


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Springdale
September 5th 2019
Published: September 6th 2019
Edit Blog Post

After a 5:30 wake up, and an uneventful flight, we landed in Las Vegas, Nevada. HELP! I'M MELTING!!!! The temperature at the airport was a scorching 102 degrees! They say that it's a dry heat, but at that temperature it felt like we had entered an oven. We picked up our rental van, stopped for a case of wine (of course), and then headed to Zion, NP and the town of Springdale, Utah where we would be spending the next two nights. The three hour drive was quite uneventful. The scenery was quite bland, but became more colorful and beautiful the closer we came to our destination. En-route, the outside temperature showed 114 degrees, but as we entered a rain shower it fell to a much more comfortable 74. After checking into our lodging we headed out to dinner at the Switchback restaurant. The setting was quite lovely, but the extremely overpriced dinners were just okay. Exhausted, we headed back to our rooms and crashed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



6th September 2019

Take lots off pictures. Looking forward to your vivid descriptions
6th September 2019
Getting ready to leave

You guys look younger every year! Enjoy your trip.
7th September 2019
Getting ready to leave

Thanks
Thanks Joan, but you are too kind!
6th September 2019

Glad first day went well hopefully temp will calm Down soon. Looking forward to more blogs??

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb