We found Autumn!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Provo
October 22nd 2009
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.2337, -111.668

Why'd they have to put Phoenix so far away?
Eleven and a half hours of driving and we're only to Provo. It was gorgeous though. We saw about a dozen deer coming down the Swan Valley, kind of in and out of the rain. As morning broke there were patches of fog clinging to the trees and hiding our views of the mountain tops--but beautiful still.
In fact, Seeley Lake was socked in when we got there--I've never seen fog there before. We've always gone in the summer.
Lake Alva was perfectly still in the morning light and made me want to stop for a couple hundred photos, but alas! it was less than 2 hours into our trip! It must be a crime in several countries to hurrry through such a valley as that.
The grasses this time of year are such a rich gold in the wetness. And against the rain blackened tree trunks, it was a gorgeous sight.
And Provo is amazing. We found Autumn! The golds and reds hurt your eyes they're so bright, not freeze-dried like ours at home. They didn't have that single digit stuff we had obviously--it's full blown, walk-about-in-shirtsleeves fall here.
The place where we're staying is in a beautiful setting right on the banks of the Provo river with a great little river walk amongst the trees. It couldn't be more picturesque. We had a lovely--simply lovely--walk this evening in the alpenglow.
Well, I'm afraid it's early to bed as tomorrow is another long day. Well, actually, we don't know how long tomorrow will be because we don't know which direction we're headed (well silly, of course we know how LONG tomorrow will be; we just don't know how much of it will be spent driving).Through St. George? Las Vegas? or do we stop at Lees Ferry on the Colorado for a little fishing?
Hmmmmmmmmm. How to decide?


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb