Arches National Park & Canyonlands


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Moab
April 25th 2016
Published: May 13th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We finally made it to Moab, UT. This was one of the places I was really looking forward to visiting. It did not disappoint me. The only disappointment was not getting to go for a balloon ride here. Again we had rain and wind, but still got in some amazing sightseeing. Lots of natural beauty to appreciate in the area.

We went on a sunset tour of Arches National Park. Our guide was a very nice young man who is a student at BYU and works at Moab during the summers. He was originally from Chicago, but came to Moab at 16 years old and feel in love with the area, so he really enjoys his job. He took me on one short hike to one of the arches. It was like hiking through heavy sand on a beach except that the sand was finer that the beach sand and did not pack as you walked on it so your foot would slide around. The scenery he showed us was remarkable and he was very knowledgeable about the geology of the area which interested me. We did not get to see an amazing sunset as the clouds hid the sun from us, but it was still a very enjoyable tour.

Bonnie and I explored Canyonlands on our own, again with occasional rainstorms during our drive. I found the Canyonlands to be a lot like the Grand Canyon just on a smaller scale. There is so much beauty in this country to appreciate every day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb