Flaming Gorge Recreation Area


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Green River
June 25th 2012
Published: July 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

6/25/2012 - Left Steamboat Springs on way to Flaming Gorge and stopped Dinosaur National Monument, bone quarry. Hotter than hell around 105. Left the Dinosaur Monumnet with steep grade to Flaming Gorge. The Saturn overheated and we had to stop twice to cool off the car. Arrived Cedar Springs Campground, Flaming Gorge Recreation Area. On 6/26 tourned the Dam area and arranged for next day float trip. Beautiful and clean campground but no water, electric or fires due to drought. Definetly dry camping.

On 6/27 we floated the Green River. Truely an awesome trip, one of the most beautiful stretches of river yet. Had a nice shore lunch and a few rough patches of water but we are expert rafters and made it through. Also went to view the canyon and later in afternoon we went on a search for Longhorn Sheep in a very remote area.

On all of the above will let the photos speak for themselves.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



5th July 2012

Wonderful!
Looks like you two are having a wonderful time, I am so happy for you. The pictures you have sent are absolutely beautiful, I love getting them. Please be safe (aware) and have a GREAT time! Love you both!!!

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.097s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb