Yosemite Las Vegas Bryce Canyon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Bryce Canyon
May 20th 2016
Published: May 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Yosemite Las Vegas Bryce Canyon


Last day in Yosemite we took a short hike in Nelder Grove and walked amongst the giant sequoias, oaks and firs, some you could walk through and others so tall it made my neck tire from looking up. The fur cones were as large and long as my shoes. The dogs loved it and so did we.

We stopped for the night at Barstow at the KOA in the middle of the Mojave desert, the wind was whipping and there was basically nothing else around except sand and a few fellow campers stopping on the way to wherever they were going.

Monday and Tuesday we spent a little time wandering our way back down on the strip in Vegas and enjoyed the craziness of it all. This was a bit of city life before heading to Bryce Canyon.

Arrived at Bryce on Wednesday and stayed at Riverside Ranch Rv park. It had a great view of the canyons in the distance and a small stream running alongside the park.

Bryce was incredible. We drove into the park to the top of the Hoodoos, which are the tall towering rock formations you see in the photographs. We took the "Peek a Boo" trail which was about 6 miles in total, where you make your way down into the bottom of the canyon and then back up at about 1500 feet. It was quite a strenuous hike but very different and perfect weather. Loved seeing the horses and mules carrying those who chose the easier way down and back up.

Next stop: Zion


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb