Bryce Canyon National Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Bryce Canyon
June 9th 2009
Published: January 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Bryce Canyon National Park


Bryce Canyon National Park is open year-round, drawing over two-million visitors yearly from all around the globe. The majority arrive in the summer months, but Bryce Canyon is truly a park of all seasons. Although the numbers passing through Bryce Canyon's gates do not compare to those of nearby Zion, it's still a bustling place due to the size of the park. Bryce Canyon is only 38,385 acres and tucked in that small space is fifty-miles of hiking trails.

The shuttle system in Bryce Canyon is voluntary and only runs during the summer months. A must do in Bryce Canyon is the eighteen-mile long scenic drive. There are many pull-outs and short walks at the view points. Sunrise, Sunset, Rainbow, Farview, Yovimpa and Inspiration point are all easily accessed from the scenic drive. The hiking trails showcase a unique brand of beauty and nature. Unlike Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon is best seen from above the rim looking down into the coral colored hoodoos.

Directions to Bryce Canyon

From Salt Lake City travel south on Interstate 15 past Beaver to UT 20. Exit on UT 20. Turn south on UT 89 and travel past Panguitch. Follow UT 89 to UT 12. Travel along UT 12 through Red Canyon to Bryce Canyon. Turn south on UT 63 to enter the park.

From Las Vegas: Travel Interstate 15 past St. George to Exit 16. Drive through Hurricane, Utah. Follow Hwy 9 through Hurricane and to the only stop light in LaVerkin. Turn right at the stop light. Continue on Hwy 9 to the south entrance of Zion Park. Drive through Zion to the junction of UT 9 and UT 89 at Mt. Carmel Jct. Turn north on UT 89, then exit on UT 12.

Follow UT 12 through Red Canyon, turning south on UT 63 to enter Bryce Canyon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb