Mormon State


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Bryce Canyon
November 6th 2006
Published: February 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bryce CanyonBryce CanyonBryce Canyon

The amphitheater at Bryce National Park
The day started frosty. No snow but a thick frost due to the negative temperatures. Lucky we were in a nice motel unit with central heating.
We drove to Bryce Canyon and marveled at the amputheature, full of many of rock towers littering the valley.
Bryce has its own beauty but I don’t think it’s as spectacular as Zion or Yosemite, or maybe I am getting used to all this dramatic landscape.
We drove over to capital reef national park and took the scenic drive which featured rocks which had been given names of the objects that they looked like. Then we took the scenic road to moab which wound along the plateau and through canyons and such. The place is a desert, the photographs describe it better.
Utah is the Mormon state of the USA in case you didn’t know. I didn't bump into any but I guess they don't hang out at the national parks.
Then it was off to Moab to investigate more red rocks! We stayed at the lazy lizard hostel which is the cheapest hostel by far at $9 a night. Admittedly it is a $9 a night hostel but we are running out of money so we appreciated the price.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Natural Arch BridgeNatural Arch Bridge
Natural Arch Bridge

Bryce National Park
Capital Reef Nat ParkCapital Reef Nat Park
Capital Reef Nat Park

Another amazingly shaped rock structure. This looks like a big fortress maybe?
The Red RoadThe Red Road
The Red Road

Utah road through the rocks
Mirror shotMirror shot
Mirror shot

Sunset shot in my wing mirror.


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb