A Nice, Little Stop at Bear Lake State Park


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

From Logan to Bear Lake State Park


On our way up to Logan, we passed by a cute little vacation area at Bear Lake State Park as we turned off Route 30 onto Highway 89. It appeared to be a popular vacation destination with a number of hotels, shops, and boat rentals. We wanted to stop with the kids on the way down. As we continued on to Logan, dozens of cars were on their way down the mountain side, pulling boats, likely on their way to Bear Lake. When I mentioned wanting to stop there, my mother-in-law told us that the area is famous for their raspberry shakes. I'm not a fan of raspberries, but I told her I would definitely be up for trying one! As it turns out, the town of Garden City is famous for their raspberries in general, and we saw signs advertising their annual raspberry festival (taking place August 1-3 this year). I told Andrew we should meet his brother's family at the lake for the festival one year. It would be a fun little trip!

We were a little pressed for time, so we bypassed the town of Garden City on our way down. We pulled over off of Route 30 between mile marker 114 and 115. The area we stopped in didn't have the sandy beaches, but it had gorgeous views and a ton of rocks to throw. For whatever reason, our kids get a thrill out of throwing rocks into water, so the rocky shoreline was a good thing.

The kids hung out at the shore and threw pebbles and rocks into the beautiful, blue water. I read later that the lake is unusually blue due to its mineral content. There were a number of other families near the shore where we were, and we also saw a few jet skiers go by. We enjoyed ourselves for nearly an hour, and it was a perfect, little stop for road trip with kids.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Rocky ShorelineRocky Shoreline
Rocky Shoreline

Some of the beach along Bear Lake is sand, but we stopped at a rocky shore along Route 30.
Nap Time!Nap Time!
Nap Time!

We put Jo into a dry dress after the lake, and she slept comfortably in the car.
Faker!Faker!
Faker!

Andrew asked Oliver if he could pretend sleep. This was the result.


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb