Arches and Canyonlands National Parks


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Arches National Park
September 14th 2007
Published: September 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

First stop on our agenda today, Arches National Park. What great scenery. We saw Balanced Rock, Park Avenue, the Three gossips, the Lamb Rock, North and South window and the Turret, Delicate Arch and numerous other landmarks in the park. We took several hikes and got a lot of exercise in for the day.

We then drove to Dead Horse Point State Park. There is a very scenic overlook there in the Canyonlands. You can see the Colorado River from there, looks like a green snake, meandering through the canyon with twists and turns everywhere. We had lunch there in the picnic area.

We then drove to Canyononlands National Park, the Island In The Sky area. More great scenery. My favorite was the Mesa Arch, which I hiked to see.

We drove to Monticello to camp for the night because it was at 7000 feet elevation and would be a lot cooler than it was last night in Moab. That is one thing we have learned on this trip - elevation is everything.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Delicate ArchDelicate Arch
Delicate Arch

We hiked to a view point to see the Arch
Strange ShapesStrange Shapes
Strange Shapes

There are hundreds of pinnacles here that Dave says look like the male anatomy - he things they should rename the park after those.
Colorado River takes a U-turnColorado River takes a U-turn
Colorado River takes a U-turn

Dead Horse Point State Park


Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 26; qc: 92; dbt: 0.0992s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 8; ; mem: 1.2mb