Day 4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
January 31st 2008
Published: February 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We decided to take the city bus downtown rather than drive and try to find parking. It turned out to be a good decision as the cost for the 2 of us roundtrip was $4 and parking would have been way more than that.

We toured the Alamo first. It's smaller than one would have thought, but still pretty impressive. Inside one of the buildings is a model of the Alamo and the battle showing how outnumbered the small band of less than 200 inside were against Gen. Santa Anna's army of several thousand.

Next we walked around the River Walk. It was so pretty, but the wind was strong and gusty. Sometimes we were cold and sometimes we were hot. We wlked through La Villita, a historic village of shops, restaurants, and artists.

We ate lunch at Casa Rio, overlooking River Walk. We had probably the best Mexican food we've ever eaten. Stuffed to the gills, we headed back to the campground, arriving just in time to see the trailriders arriving for the San Antonio Livestock Show and Rodeo. What a treat to see the riders on horseback and in wagons.

After resting in the camper, we went to see some of the San Antonio Missions. Actually we only got to see Mission San Jose, which really was quite beautiful.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0176s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb