A Creative Week


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
February 26th 2018
Published: February 26th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We are now into week 6. Unfortunately one of our group has had to withdraw this week as a result of health issues - a reminder of the great gift of health, which I can so easily take for granted. The week started with a reflection day and later we had input from several presenters. First from Greg Zuschlag on ‘the Historical Jesus’ and later from Ken Hannon on Sacramental Theology. Both gave us a good deal to think about and process.It has also been a week of celebration with Lucy’s Silver Jubilee and our three February birthdays (Gary, Sally and Pete). This week I received another invitation from the CCVI sisters. This was to see ‘Godspell’. It was a new and very creative production. The setting was a High School classroom and the Jesus figure, for whose way they were preparing was a supply teacher! The actors were Music and Drama students at the University of the Incarnate Word, where this is a strong department with excellent facilities. The performance was very polished and Opening Night a fitting tribute to the performers’ talents and hard work. The week was nicely finished off with a visit to the colourful Market Square, where three of us spent some happy hours on Saturday afternoon exploring the shops and enjoying the culture of San Antonio.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



26th February 2018

Sounds like another great week Helga. Keep enjoying, the weeks are flying away!
26th February 2018

Sandrea Fittler
Hi sister helga, mum is quite sick and most likely has only one or two days before she passes away after her battle with MND over the last nine years...dad wanted me to contact you and let you know seeing she has kept in contact with you over the years and always considered you a close friend...dad’s phone number is 02 6778 2181...regards Mike junior.

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb