Old Town Rig Down, Festival Park, Nacogdoches, Texas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Nacogdoches
September 17th 2022
Published: September 18th 2022
Edit Blog Post

The Old Town Rig Down is a new small festival held at Festival Park and the nearby Nacogdoches Square.

Note: This whole area was blocked off for the safety of the many people on foot.

I started my walk at the Nacogdoches Square where they had many nice semi trucks without their trailers. The many food vendors were found on the square. The downtown Visitors Center was open with employees giving out good information of Nacogdoches and Texas history; and has many historic artifacts. The Visitors Center has good clean restrooms open to the public.

I walked downhill to Festival Park to attend the festival. There were many beautiful semi trucks (with their trailers) lined up for viewing. Many of the semi owners were there to chat about their big rigs.

They had a very good live band playing good music that was appropriate for the children there.

There were no available chairs at the park so I walked to a nearby shaded area with benches to rest. Nearby there was an old car ringed off by plastic tape. For a small fee, the children got to use sledge hammers, baseball bats, and other clubs to smash on the old car. The children had to wear personal protection for their heads and eyes.

This festival was enjoyable for people of all age groups.

completed


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Nacogdoches SquareNacogdoches Square
Nacogdoches Square

nine flags over Nacogdoches
Festival ParkFestival Park
Festival Park

children's car smash


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb