A New Year's Evolution


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Katy
January 13th 2012
Published: January 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Christmas celebrationChristmas celebrationChristmas celebration

The children are not concerned about presents or space or decor...they are thrilled with a great meal!
One definition in the dictionary of evolution is: a process of gradual, peaceful, progressive change or development, as in social or economic structure or institutions.

International Treasure House Ministries is working on a new year's evolution as opposed to a new year's resolution. A resolution is: the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc.

Why an evolution as opposed to a resolution? Because a resolution is determining a course of action towards change whereas evolution is already in the process.

We are already in the process due to the outstanding generosity of those who have given donations over the Christmas holiday! Whoop-whoop! We; you- the supporters and those of us who are working hand in hand with Spring Valley Academy in Kenya are evolving the structure of the school. This year they will not only feed and educate children but the building will continue to grow and become a shelter for girls hiding from abuse. The sick and weary will walk through the doors to see a doctor and receive comfort. Kids will pick up books and learn of different places, cultures and people. Thirsty hearts will be led to living waters.

The building of Talitha Koum (taken from the Bible in Mark 5:41 which means "Little Girl, Get up" ) will be a multi-purpose building that will act as offices, a medical clinic, library and a rescue center for high risk girls. They will help the girls get up out of the cycle of abuse and poverty that they live in daily. The building is not the only thing evolving. The children are progressing in their studies and developing into responsible citizens. Not only Spring Valley Academy children but also the girls we sponsor. And during the process they experience a lot of joy and a lot of laughter. That right there makes the world a better place to live in!

Another definition for evolution is: a motion incomplete in itself, but combining with coordinated motions to produce a single action, as in a machine.

Workers on the ground with no resources can accomplish very little. Missionaries with no one to minister hope and a helping hand to cannot accomplish much. Supporters with no reputable cause to invest in may have more money but not be nearly as rich. However with combined efforts we are changing lives for the better. That is the best New Year's evolution ever!

I want to ask if you would consider joining our team on a monthly basis if you have not done so yet. Would you? This will enable us to keep the evolution going the whole year through. We would love to see the building completed at Spring Valley Academy. $10, $100, $1000 or any denomination each month will provide bricks and plaster, books and an office for the pastor. Toilets, sinks, beds and a quiet place to study and think. A study and bedrooms will be encompassed within the walls and love will resound through the halls.

Thank you and wishing you have a happy new year!

God bless,

Jennifer Phillips Lawrence

Advertisement



14th January 2012

Happy New Year
Hi, It is always good to hear from you and read your gifted writings skills. God bless your obedience. Love to each of you. Sandy Swoager

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb