Philip's Birthday


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Houston
June 22nd 2016
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 29.7605, -95.3698

Today breakfast in the hotel was followed by very un-birthday activities. Philip worked on school stuff and had to deal with an alert from the credit card company that his account number had been compromised. He will get a new card delivered to our apartment building in Cork. In the meantime, he cannot use the card in the States, but can use it in Ireland until the new one arrives. He will need it to rent the car when we arrive since good insurance coverage is included with it.

While Philip worked in the hotel, I found a laundromat to wash the last few day's clothes so they will be clean when we get back to Texas. We have packed two suitcases each—one for summer clothes for hot weather in Texas and Oklahoma, and the second one with clothes suitable for the cool, soft days in Ireland. The warm weather clothes will stay in the car while we are gone.

The service at the Conroe Hampton is great. It was the last time we were here, and it was again this trip. Using our AARP privileges, we were allowed a late check-out at no charge and left the hotel by 2:00. Desk clerks Terri and Juliana were both helpful. I remember Terri from the last time we were here.

We had a leisurely lunch at Chili's by the Hampton, filled the gas tank at Kroger, and headed for the airport at 2:45. I had reserved our 3:30 p.m. parking spot at EcoPark 2 online, and we arrived just a minute or two after that. We were on the shuttle, finished check-in and baggage drop, through security with TSA pre-check, and at the United Club in thirty minutes. I am amazed that we made it so quickly. That United club is really nice. It is a bit out of the way in the C terminal and did not have very many guests while we were there.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 33; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb