4 Seasons


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Giddings
November 24th 2009
Published: November 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

4 Seasons4 Seasons4 Seasons

The squares are separated by 2x2" boards. It was painted by a volunteer~~ but not an RVICS volunteer! The sides that look like windows are open space~~no glass, so it's visible from the outside!
(Camp Tejas)

This is going to be a different kind of blog entry; I’m going to give you a tour through one of the motels. Its name is 4 Seasons, and each of its rooms is decorated for a different month of the year! It has one main hall~~to one direction are the spring and summer rooms, and the other direction has the fall and winter ones. When the door is opened, it’s like stepping right into that month…from the smell of the room to the decorations to the bedding! I tried to explain that feeling to you when we were in the Lonesome Dove Hotel in Rexford, Kansas, and now I’m trying, inadequately, to describe it again! The hall is laid with bricks, and is getting air from the openings below the ceiling, and the halls are open at the ends, so you feel like you’re outdoors. It has a large meeting room which can hold about three hundred people, as well as a small conference room, which is where we meet. The outside of the rooms is decorated with weathered wood and siding from demolished buildings!

Just look at the pictures, and I hope you’ll get a
Looking the other direction downLooking the other direction downLooking the other direction down

the hall. The windows on the left are the conference room, where we meet. The ceiling on that end (which has the spring and summer rooms) is tin, and they have Christmas lights strung across the ceiling. See the huge fans along the hall? I wonder if it gets hot here!! The garbage bags are there because I took these on a Monday, and the housekeepers were working. If you turn left at this intersection, you leave the building; if you turn right, you pass the restrooms, and arrive at the main meeting room, which is very large.
better idea of what I’m talking about!






Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Looking at the conference roomLooking at the conference room
Looking at the conference room

The red door is the housekeeping room. (gee I'm glad I took these on trash day!)
Open the door and it'sOpen the door and it's
Open the door and it's

"Welcome to Christmas!" And it smells like Christmas. Not in an overpowering way, but in a "It's good to be home" way!
Happy Valentine's Day!Happy Valentine's Day!
Happy Valentine's Day!

The rooms are decorated with items you can buy at the gift store. This room smells like cinnamon hearts!
Another look at February.Another look at February.
Another look at February.

There's also a set of bunkbeds on the other side of the room
May.May.
May.

And I tell you, it smells like fresh air!
November, of course!November, of course!
November, of course!

Smells like pumpkin pie.
One of my favorites...One of my favorites...
One of my favorites...

April. Not because it's a great birthday month, but because of the bright spring colors, (and the soft floral smell.)
All the rooms' doors are set in All the rooms' doors are set in
All the rooms' doors are set in

an alcove, and this is an especially cute one!
This arrangement is located at This arrangement is located at
This arrangement is located at

both ends of the main hall. Wonderful places to sit!
September!September!
September!

Each room has either a king size bed and two sets of bunk beds, or twin beds and two sets of bunks, so they can hold a family. Each has its own bathroom.
JanuaryJanuary
January

and the sheets have snowflakes on them!
From the June room...From the June room...
From the June room...

wedding month!


25th November 2009

smells
You have got to find out home they keep the rooms smelling different. I would love to make the whole house smell like Spring. My favorite room colors were Jan and Feb
26th November 2009

Hi, Margo!
Oh you can believe we (women) checked right away to find out how they worked that! They have Glade plug-ins, with the bottles of liquid, in every room. The spring rooms are Fresh Linen. We were told Glade is better than AirWick, and I now have a motor home that smells like gingerbread! All the rooms on this camp have the Glades in them. Happy Thanksgiving, Margo! I love you.
30th November 2009

I'm slow to post a comment on here but I loved the pictures!
3rd December 2009

what a cool place!!
9th December 2009

4 Seasons
thank you so much for sharing those. I want to have a family reunion there! Wouldn't that be great? Have a wonderful Christmas. Love, Darrel and Linda
11th December 2009

Hi, Linda!
I've been waiting to hear from you~~how are your travels going? I soooo agree with you about the family reunion in 4 Seasons, but they also have a building featuring the seven continents, which is equally neat. When you have your family reunion, we'll come, ok?!
11th March 2013

Beds
This is really a wonderful blog.I like the blog.It was really praiseworthy. http://www.acoolmall.com/o~c-Furniture~a-bedroom_furniture-queen~b-73188.aspx
6th June 2013

Thank you for your kind words, and thanks for reading my blog!

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb