Visiting Paula and Bill


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Conroe
March 27th 2015
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 30.3122, -95.4559

There was no need to hurry today, so we slept late and stayed at the hotel until about 11:00. Then we got back in the car for a few more hours to get to Conroe. We stopped for lunch at Dickeys Barbecue Pit. I could have barbecue every day of this trip. Dickeys was delicious and quite a good value with the senior discount. By the time we were finished with the late lunch, we were able to check into the hotel. Phil caught up on a little bit of schoolwork and I checked messages.

We were scheduled to be at P&B's home at 4:00 and made it just on time. They were ready for us. We had a great time catching up; it's been about three years since we have seen them. The house looks beautiful, as always. Bill is a wonderful decorator and keeps adding unique treasures to the decor so it is always new and different.

We spent the afternoon and evening mostly sharing memories of days past and looking at some of Ruth's jewelry and souvenirs. Paula is still recovering from her foot and ankle injury, but not willing to take it easy while we are here. Paula gave Phil his baby book which Ruth had saved. It is almost completely filled out. She was thorough in writing details and stories on most every page. Paula also gave us Ruth's jewelry box where she had saved trinkets of Phil's childhood and some of her jewelry. We'll share them with the kids after we've had time to go through everything again.

They brought in chicken fettuccine from Olive Garden for dinner. We didn't want to stay too late, but made plans to see them again tomorrow for lunch.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb