Tex-ass!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Austin
October 23rd 2011
Published: October 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hay Ya'll, we're in Austin, Texas at the minute, sorry we haven't wrote but we've been busy having loads of fun.
A funny thing that happened today... We walked in to a liquor store to get some water as it was the only place we could see. Matt gets to the counter and the dude asks for his ID, 'what for water!'so Matt shows it and the guy tells him he has to be 21. You know Matt's ID 12/01/90 in America December 1st and not January 12th. The guy wouldn't believe him and told him he couldn't have the water haha. No water for you Matt, you gotta be 21!! Captain Kerry to the rescue...
We realised and were told that Houston was very hard to negotiate around without a car but didn't find this out until we arrived! Rick, our host was an awesome guy, he lived and worked in a warehouse close to downtown and was nice enough to pick us up, show us that downtown Houston was like a ghost town, drive us for food, twice and take us to meet loads more coach surfers. The first night we went for food at a place where there just happened to be a film festival on, we got excited thinking all is not lost....until they started playing the movies!!!!! What a load of horse dooey and that's being kind. We had a lot of fun not enjoying the movies and talking about how bad they were. The next time we went out was for a coach surfers brunch, which was really cool. We met loads more people, picked up some rude words and had loads to talk about. Josue another coach surfer was great and drove us the 20 miles, (but still in Houston) to NASA, Massive Place and really cool, which we would have missed out on if we hadn't have met Josue. Thank You.
Everyone told us that we needed to go to the Riverwalk when we got to San Antonio. So we did and it was so so pretty. Did you know that Miss Congeniality was filmed there! We stayed with Chris (the anglephile) who Matt totally hit it off with due to the love of movies, he's an awesome guy. Chris works in Ben & Jerry's and got to hang out with us when he wasn't working we spent a long time walking around the Riverwalk in all directions, had a couple of beers down there too. We also went to see the Alamo and look around and inside and read up on the history, which was pretty interesting when we were there.
A few stats to keep you updated so far...overnight buses = 6, surfing hosts = 8, places visited = 10, Matt's new favourite = Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Therapy Icecream, Kerry's new favourite = Cherry Poptarts.
Comings soon Austin, the bestest place.
Sending Love
Matt and Kerry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



25th October 2011

Love it!
Great photos - especially like the new muscles Matt!! haha.......... Brings back memories of when I was in San Antonio too...........the river walk is lovely, and just have to go to the Alamo! Look forward to hearing all about Austin - you two looked lovely and relaxed there when we spoke last weekend - I could have reached out and cuddled you..................xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
25th October 2011

The lonesome state
Still following you guys and learning each blog.Good stuff wish I had something witty to say though,keep on trecking dudes look forward to next one Love to both xxxxxxxxxxxxx Did no-one come back there after the Alamo Ha Ha
30th October 2011

Tex-ass
loved the water story ha ha the river walk looks lovely, all the photographs are brill keep them coming lots of love auntie sheila xxxx lol

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb