Final thoughts on Argentina


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Austin
September 3rd 2008
Published: September 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This was our first visit to South America, and we came away with a good introduction to the culture and life in Argentina. Our 10 day trip consisted of 8 days in Buenos Aires and 2 days in Puerto Iguazu. All in all, it was a great trip! Visiting a new continent for the first time, we were a bit nervous, but we realized life there is much like it is here, people are working hard and trying to get by. At a human level, we all have the same goals. However, life there did seem a lot more relaxed and slower paced. They really take their time during meals instead of rushing through them and really slow down on the weekends to enjoy time with family.

Buenos Aires is a huge city...they have all the modern conveniences and it proved to be a sophisticated metropolitan comparable to the likes of New York City.

Puerto Iguazu was a bit more rural and we were exposed to more of the humble and simple ways of life there. We were blown away by the beauty of Iguazu Falls...the sheer force of nature is hard to fathom, even when you're standing right next to it.

We look forward to returning some day!


Observations:





Things we didn't get to do:



We felt like we were able to do a lot in the short span of 10 days in Argentina, however, these are some of the things we never got to, which we'll have to save until next time:





Some tips/suggestions:




Restaurants/bars we liked:


Transportation:


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb