Made it to Austin!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Austin
September 30th 2005
Published: September 30th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Amsterdam to Munich to Amsterdam to Houston to Austin


It's official, 44 hours is a VERY long time..... that's how long it took for us to make it from our bed in Amsterdam, to the next bed, in Houston.

We left the Robertson's apartment in Munich at about 12:45 AM, to make the 1:03 subway to the train station.... once we got to the station, we had to wait till 3 AM to catch the first train to the airport.... This is a very nice train station, and it is central to a very nice mass transit system (Munich's is apparently one of the best in Europe), but it's pretty freaky in the wee hours during Oktoberfest.... Anyway, we tried to blend in with our huge packs and made it safely to the airport at 4 AM. We checked in with Air France for our KLM flight operated by Northwest (say that three times fast) at 5 AM, and were boarding the plane by 6:30 or so....

Once we got to Amsterdam (yes, we were just there the day before rrrggg), we were a little tired, for whatever reason; possibly because we'd been up for about 28 hours at that point.

Once taking off from Amsterdam, we crashed out hard on the plane, and got some of the deepest sleep of the whole trip. We were so thankful to be heading home....

When we arrived in Houston, Kathy & Wayne twisted our arm to go to PF Chang's. If they'd said Italian food, I may have puked, but Chinese was a good switch, and it was really good.....

Long story short, we got up early this morning, and drove home. Kim's glad to see her cat (yes, it transformed from a kitten to a cat while we were gone), and it's refreshing to be sitting at my own computer with a glass of water with ice!

We'll be filling in the blanks on our travel blog over the next few days! But first, I haven't played any computer games in 2 weeks.... off to the important stuff!!

Advertisement



30th September 2005

Welcome back!!
Glad you are back, and we look forward to seeing the pictures and hearing all about it!!
30th September 2005

Yay!
We are so happy you are home!!!!!!
2nd October 2005

I'm jealous about the glass of water with ice!!!!!!
11th October 2005

so WHERE are those other important pictures and travelblogs we are all waiting to read? You've had plenty of time to rest and play video games, so get going, we are all checkingthe blog daily with great anticipation.

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb