This Trip is Toast


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee
March 12th 2013
Published: March 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Curry HammockCurry HammockCurry Hammock

around sunset
Tuesday, 12 March, 2013

Last Tuesday’s softball game was our last, and we’ll miss all our friends there. We got lots of hugs afterwards. We went to lunch at Burdine’s with Alex and Cindy after the game . We had fully intended to spend more time with them this trip, but that just didn’t work out.

On Wednesday we packed up and drove to Miami Springs to my mother’s house. I got started on her tax return and got it finished on Thursday morning. While I was working away on Wednesday evening I heard sprinklers running, but assumed it was the neighbor’s. When Kerry came inside from smoking, he commented on the sprinklers and asked who turned them on. I realized then that we had left windows open on the camper. Our pillows and bed got well sprinkled, but it hadn’t soaked into the mattress. We put the pillows in the dryer and washed the sheets and mattress pad. It turns out the sprinklers were on a timer, but no one knows when the timer was set; my brother thought it didn’t work.

We had a fairly casual afternoon on Thursday, relaxing and playing cards with Mom. We
Curry HammockCurry HammockCurry Hammock

last shot
met Pam for supper at Johnny’s, then Herb and Pam came to Mom’s after he got off work.

We got out Friday morning around 9:30 and had a fairly uneventful day driving up I-75. We saw quite a few alligators along Alligator Alley. We stopped for the night at High Springs Campground, a nice, quiet campground in the woods. Nice people and clean bathrooms, what more could you ask for.

Saturday we continued north up I-75 through Georgia. There were a couple of major slowdowns and Atlanta was very congested for a Saturday afternoon. We got all the way to Chester Frost County Park in Hixson, TN, where we camped for the night. We met Sara and Trevor at Amigo’s for Mexican food and then went to their house for a quick visit with Kingston (their cat) and use of their internet, before heading back to the campground.

Sunday morning we were happily heading home on the last leg of this trip. Home certainly looked good to us. David, Misty and kids, Ethan, Danny and Timmy, and Michael, Crystal and Jenna Corn came over for pizza. We got plenty of hugs and kisses, which were sorely needed.
BouganvilliaBouganvilliaBouganvillia

There were more blooms a month ago, but this is still pretty
We sure did miss our young’uns.

So here we are, home at last. We’ve been busy getting the camper emptied out, laundry done, and putting things away. We are glad to be home, but ready to start planning our next trip. As they say around here, “Come go with us.”


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Spanish MossSpanish Moss
Spanish Moss

at campground in High Springs
Tennessee RiverTennessee River
Tennessee River

morning at Chester Frost Co Park, Hixson, TN


13th March 2013

Safely home.
Hi all, Glad you had a nice trip down to the Keys, and visiting lots of friends and family there and along the way. Home is always a welcome site...until the travel bug bites again. Take care. Our love to all.

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb