Good News...and a Prayer Request


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee
October 18th 2008
Published: October 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Throughout our travels over the past few weeks, many have inquired about the health of my dad, Wayne Jackson. Yesterday, he had a scan in order to see if there were any residual cancer cells, after having thyroid cancer and subsequent surgery almost a year ago. Last night we received the wonderful news that the scan was clear - no cancer was detected! We are so thrilled to hear this. This means that he will not need another radioactive iodine treatment. You have been so good to remember him in your prayers, and now you can offer a prayer of thanksgiving.

On another note, we would like to ask that you remember my niece, daughter of Jason and Jill Jackson, in your prayers. She has been suffering from a stomach illness of some sort, and has ended up in the hospital due to dehydration. So far the Drs. are unable to determine the source of her illness. Jill and the girls have been visiting family in Alabama, and so they have been going through this ordeal away from home. My brother is flying to Alabama today. Please keep Kara's recovery in your prayers, as well as the travels of my brother, Jason.

Yesterday, we drove from Mississippi to Tennessee. We are spending the weekend in White Bluff, where my aunt and uncle, Karl and Janie Craun live. The White Bluff church of Christ supports our work, and George will be giving his presentation to the congregation Sunday evening.

We are planning on spending Tuesday at the Spiritual Sword Lectureship, so if any of you are going, hope to see you there!

Until next time...
Joy


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb