Day 61


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Pigeon Forge
November 14th 2009
Published: November 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

November 11, 2009
We continue our stay in the mountain cabin. Today is Veteran’s day and we are mindful of our men…boys many of them, so far from home, putting their lives on the line so that people like us, have the freedom to enjoy a trip like this…may they be safe and return to us unharmed. We thank Tim, now home safely, for his courageous service and we send our hopeful prayers out to Tom, who is home from Iraq on leave but heading back shortly. We think of him often and wait for his final safe return. (Tom… DVWCS)
We risked the gauntlet today and went down into town. It was still rainy and dark. We drove into Smokey Mountain National Park…it was beautiful even in the rain. The river that passes through it was so high that in some places it covered walkways and overflowed it’s banks…and it moved very swiftly. Gatlinburg is just a few miles from Pigeon Forge. It’s a lovely town…still quite busy like Pigeon Forge, but in a more genteel way…many shops and touristy type attractions but somewhat more tastefully done. Because of the weather, we found a video rental store and rented movies. We also got groceries and liquor and went back “up the holler”… this time a bit less gingerly! We watched movies, made and ate American chop suey and went to bed. Although we watched for him, our little friend did not return, perhaps discouraged at our lack of hospitality!
Today’s Road Lesson: Raccoons have feelings too!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb