The Dixie Stampede - Pigeon Forge


Advertisement
Published: July 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dixie StampedeDixie StampedeDixie Stampede

The Sign on the Road - Photos not permitted during the show
The Dixie Stampede is a dinner theater in Pigeon Forge. I knew little about it before having dinner there except that it was associated with the country singing star Dolly Parton.

The audience is seated at long tables that face a rodeo arena. The show is centered about horses and horse riding - equestrian. There are few of these types of shows anywhere in the U.S. If you like horses and horse riding - this is the show you should see.

The riding was accompanied by "canned" music, so I didn't like the music much as I far prefer live music instead.

That is why my favorite part of the evening was the warm-up show held in the "carriage room." A four-piece band "Mountain Rukus" played mountain music - a cross between bluegrass and country. The 45-minute show was full speed music and enthusiasm. People who play this type of music well - and these four people played it well - must be technically excellent. The music requires speed like no other music.

The dinner comprised soup, chicken, pork loin, corn on the cob, potato, and a dessert. The unique characteristic of the dinner was that you had no utensils. You ate everything with your fingers.

The dinner and show cost $50 per adult.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb