Asheville today??


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Memphis
April 17th 2015
Published: April 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Pops followed through and woke us up at 6 am. He went down to the RV to make coffee and the the girls and I got dressed, washed faces and brushed teeth. We looked at our hair after going to bed with it wet and decided we could enter an 'Funny/Ugly hairdo contest today and I would rank #1, Lola #2, Bella #3. We went downstairs to the free breakfast and Pops joined us bringing in our coffee he made in the RV.

We got on the road. It's cloudy- our first day without the blue, cloudless skies. I dozed off and woke up to pounding rain. It finally stopped when we got through Memphis. I pointed out the Mississippi River to the girls. I really feel like my mom doing this but at least they can say they they have seen it.

We stopped for lunch at 'Cracker Barrel' On the southeast of Nashville. When we came out of the restaurant there had been an accident and a car was flipped over-it was a hit and run. The ambulance wasn't there yet-only the police and fire trucks.

We will make it to Asheville tonight - just 199 more miles. I am ready for a shower and nap...a little makeup might help too!

Our approach in to Asheville was met with pouring rain! Beautiful in the Smokies but slow moving. I texted Jason as we got off our exit and he met us at Rutledge RV Park- our Home for the next ??? months. The rain had lessened to a sprinkle which was nice as we got settled. We quickly turned on the electric and hooked up the water (for hot showers later) and headed out for a late dinner at 131 Main in Biltmore Park. We had deviled eggs, mushroom artichoke soup, trout and sea bass-very yummy. It was late when we got back to the RV so we all went to bed. It's hard to believe we are here and this is our home for now. Lola is SO excited and she said she wishes the summer was starting. It is going to be a good one!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.1072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb