On the road again -- yes, again


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Knoxville
January 28th 2017
Published: January 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The Cherohala SkywayThe Cherohala SkywayThe Cherohala Skyway

East Tennessee is one of the most beautiful areas in the US. The Cherohala Skyway crosses from east Tennessee to western North Carolina. Home is beautiful!
Tom and I are retired, living in east Tennessee in the US. We’re leaving in mid-February 2017 on an extended trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, and Japan. We hope to re-visit old favorites and old friends, and explore areas we haven’t been able to visit in the past.

We try to travel light, each carrying a small backpack (25-30 pounds maximum) and a smaller daypack. On past trips, we’ve learned that suitcases are useless and that you can carry everything you need in a small pack, just not everything you might want. (As a woman, I find that by the time I get home, I never want to see these clothes again.) I’m sure that we’ll add to the lessons we’ve learned on earlier trips as we travel.

These long trips are made possible by friends who have welcomed Maggie the wonder dog into their home, and others who will mow grass and watch over the house. If you’re following along, I hope you enjoy the trip too.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb