Day 4


Advertisement
Published: June 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

This is the first day of the actual Power Tour--thousands of classic cars, muscle cars, unique cars driving half way across the country. First leg: Charlotte to Knoxville, by way of Chimney Rock. Steve had a lot of fun driving in the winding roads of the Smokies. However, had some issues on way to Lake Lure. Dipstick holder broke. A very kind man, Patrick, helped out. Let us pull in his driveway. He helped Steve work on it and run all over the county for parts. We are very grateful! After many hours of hard work and worry, Steve got us on the road again, and we were actually able to make it to Knoxville. Unfortunately, it didn't leave much chance to stop in the lovely little town of Lake Lure. Couldn't get many good pictures, as it was getting dark. We found out that people who live in parts of TN and NC don't get very good cell phone or internet reception! Everyone was sitting out in their yards watching the parade of power tour cars pass by. We are thinking of our nephew, who is graduating from Cedarburg, WI, today--wish we could be there!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0807s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb