Day 1 - Tennesse (by Caroline and Stephanie)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Knoxville
June 25th 2010
Published: June 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we left at around 10:35a.m. or 10:40a.m. The ride is going to be 7 or 8 hours! Right now we are about 2 hours into the drive and have already hit 3 states. Maryland of course, Virginia and West Virginia! At each state we are taking pictures of the sign and me and Steph next to the sign. Today at around 3:15p.m. we had lunch at Subway in Virginia. I had my usual turkey, provolone, mustard and lettuce with a coke. I also got a Sponge Bob popsicle. The gps says we will be there at 7:22p.m but the time is changing so I don’t know exact cause now we are in a little bit of traffic. Can’t wait till we get there! Finally we arrived at our hotel LaQuinta at around 8:07 p.m. The wait at the hotel to get to our room took FOREVER! At least we are here now after the 7 and a half or 8 hour drive! We had Chinese for dinner tonight. Then all of us went to the pool till probably 10:30 p.m.

Caroline

Today we left Hampstead, Maryland at 10:30a.m. We will have to drive 8 hours till we get to Knoxville ,Tennessee. We have already been through three states! We stopped at two signs. They were welcome to Virginia and welcome to West Virginia. When we saw the signs we got out of the car and took a picture of us under it. We finally got to Tennessee! When we got out the sign was so big. Went to a welcome center and saw a smaller version of the sign the sign that says welcome to Tennessee! Finally we kept on driving but then dad said we had to get gas. So finally after we got gas we only had ten to fifteen minutes. Then before I knew it we got to our hotel LaQuinta. But when we got there Matthew had still had a sandwich well half of one. But Caroline put it in the water at the bottom. But Matthew picked up his sandwich and felt the bread and it was all disgusting . So when Matthew felt the bread it felt like pudding. But Matthew kept saying when he was holding it that it felt like a baby’s diaper! When we got our room key we went up to our room. Our room number is 218. When we were all set we were deciding were we should go to dinner but we all agreed we should let dad pick because he was driving. But we noticed that it was 500 or more miles to Knoxville. We decided to go to a Chinese buffet. When we got back we went to the pool but it was suppose to end at 10:00 pm but the lady let us stay as long as we wanted! I can tell that this road trip will be very, very, very cool and fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stephanie


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb