Southern Comfort


Advertisement
Published: November 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey Everyone,

I hope all is well with everyone, I thought I would post some of my favorite pictures from our recent trip down to Tennessee and North Carolina for the Great Smokey Mountains National Park! On our way down we crossed the Mason Dixon line and entered into our first taste of southern living. It was quite the expereince to say the least. It almost left like we had entered into another country! We were definietly in the bible belt with lots of religious music and giant crossess on the road side whenever we went. They just do not understand us Yankees!


It was an amazing road trip. The entire time down south was so relaxing with lots of fresh air, forests, mountains, and scenic vistas. The park itself was quite beatiuful, the foliage was incredible. There were so many colors that were all so vibrant. We hit all the major spots; Newfound Gap, Clingman's Dome, Roaring Fork Nature Trail, and cades Cove. We also ventured into North Carolina for the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Cherokee Reservation. We had some good wildlife spotting too, I think in total we saw 4 black bears and some Elk.

I'll let all the pictures speak for themselves.

Take care,

Laura


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Newfound GapNewfound Gap
Newfound Gap

The foliage in the Smokey's was amazing!
The CrickThe Crick
The Crick

Southern speak for a "Creek"


7th November 2007

Looks fun!
Hi Laura! It looks beautiful! I hope you had fun! Send me a note when you get back!

Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0699s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb