Budget Travel to the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Gatlinburg
August 25th 2014
Published: August 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee is the most visited National Park in the United States. But, that doesn't mean it's the most expensive place to travel.

As a matter of fact, the Smoky Mountains may have more Things that are FREE to See, than any other National Park.



I have taken my mother to the area for her birthday a number of times, as it is only a 5 hour drive. One of our favorite things to do is visit the Mingus Mill, as we are driving across the mountain. The mill is free to visit and it's just across a small bridge from the parking lot. This works out great, for anyone who can't do a lot of hiking. And of course, my mom loves to buy some of the corn meal they make on site.

Another free attraction that we usually frequent is some of the live, good old country and bluegrass music downtown in the evenings. It's great to sit and listen to them play after we get our bellies full at one of the local restaurants.

I hope you get a chance to visit the Great Smoky Mountains in the near future. And also, check out MooreFreeTavel for some Free Things to See and Do while you are on vacation.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.476s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.3606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb